Thrive Leads Review – Build Your Mailing List Faster!
No matter which email marketing service provider you choose, you'll need to add people to your email list via some kind of opt-in form.
But the standard opt-in forms that are provided by email marketing service providers are not brilliant.
In fact, they're naff!
You need a list building plugin to increase your conversion rate.
But which one?
In this review, we'll take a look at Thrive Leads - the best plugin available for building your list faster!
What is Thrive Leads?
Thrive Leads is an all-in-one list building plugin for WordPress from Thrive Themes.
It's ONE plugin that enables you to create EVERY kind of opt-in form:
- Ribbon - for displaying at the top of your screen
- Lightbox - for creating popovers covering the content beneath
- Widget - for any widget enabled area, like your sidebar or footer area
- Post Footer - for displaying at the end of a blog post
- Slide-In - for sliding in from the corner
- Inline Forms - for inserting opt-in forms anywhere using a simple short code
- Screen Filler Overlay - for adding a lightbox over the entire screen
- Content Lock - for revealing locked content when a visitor opts in
- Scroll Mat - for opt-in forms that scroll down from the top of the page
- Multiple Choice Forms - for engaging visitors with yes/no opt-in forms
For 90%+ of all online businesses, building a mailing list is a top priority. A mailing list is the key to more traffic, more sales and more personal freedom.
It just gets better and better...
More features being added all the time!
Inside Thrive Leads
Lets take a look inside.
Thrive Leads is organised into 3 different groups:
- Lead Groups
- Lead Shortcodes
- 2-Step Lightboxes
Lead Groups contain the 5 different types of opt-in form highlighted above. When you create a new Lead Group the 5 options are created automatically. You just click 'Add' for each one that you want. The main benefit here is that you can pitch each type of form against each other and see which converts best.
Lead Shortcodes generate a piece of short code that you can use within your text. For example, you could use it on your About page to prompt a visitor to opt-in as they read what you can offer them.
2-Step Lightboxes are also added to your page via a shortcode. They are extremely popular at the moment.
Why? Because they are proven to convert at a higher rate than a single opt-in:
The premise is that people are more likely to click a button/link than enter an email address. But after they click the link they are partly invested in the process so they’re more likely to enter their email address.
Thrive Leads Opt-in Form Examples
Here's a quick look at how you can create some of the opt-in forms.
(1) First, you create a Lead Group.
As soon as the Lead Group is created the 5 different opt-in forms are listed underneath:
(2) Next, you edit the opt-in forms that you require.
Let's use the Lightbox as an example:
Editing the opt-in forms is straightforward.
You have a set of standard templates (and more will be added) that are all customizable.
This is great because the same template theme can be used for each opt-in form to give you consistent look-and-feel across your site.
The forms are edited with the Thrive Visual Editor - the same editor used in the Thrive Architect plugin.
(3) Next, you configure the settings.
Once you have your form looking as desired, you can configure the Trigger, Display Frequency and Animation settings.
Pro Tip: Notice the blue arrow in the orange square? This means there is a helpful built-in video to explain the settings.
It's not just about building your list - it's about building your list FASTER!
Thrive Leads Optimization
OK, so far, you've seen how simple it is to setup, edit and configure your opt-in forms.
Time to go up a level.
Building your opt-in forms is one thing, but how do do you know which is your best converting opt-in form?
And how do you build your list faster?
Thrive Leads contains 2 Conversion-Focused methods to help you:
- Advanced Targeting
- A/B Testing
The Advanced Targeting options let you create customized opt-in forms for specific categories, tags, posts and pages.
You have 100% control over exactly where and how your opt-in forms are shown.
In this example, I've selected a particular post and category where the opt-in forms will appear because the lead magnet is specifically relevant to Email Marketing:
You need to know which of your opt-in forms converts the best, and Thrive Leads provides built-in A/B Testing to let you do that. You can:
- Test Designs and Content; e.g. different headlines, content, colours
- Test Triggers; e.g. should your popup display after 10 seconds or on exit-intent
- Test Form Types; e.g. Lightbox vs Slide-in
- Test Offers; e.g. an ebook vs a video
In this example, I've created a test to see which opt-in form converts best - the Lightbox or the Slide-in?
You can see there is an option at the bottom of the screen to set an automatic winner based on certain criteria. Alternatively you can monitor the results yourself in the built-in dashboard.
Here's a snapshot of the results you can compare:
Now, maybe you're thinking, "Oh, just another list building plugin, then?"
And on the one hand, you're right, there are plenty of other list building plugins out there.
But, on the other hand, Thrive Leads is on a completely different level.
There are many plugins that give you some options for adding opt-in forms to your site.
But this plugin takes a different approach:
Thrive Themes has taken the best conversion optimization technologies and the most advanced list building strategies, and packed them all into a single plugin.
Hopefully, you've had a taste of what this awesome plugin can do.
Why you should buy Thrive Leads
This plugin is way ahead of the competition:
- Easy to Design and Deploy Opt-in Forms
- Conversion-Focused Targeting
- Advanced A/B Testing Engine
- Actionable Reporting and Insights
But it doesn't end there...
Development - Thrive Themes Product Development ensures more features and enhancements are added to keep it ahead of the competition.
Support - Thrive Themes Support is the best support in the industry. When you raise a ticket you'll get a quick response. And if the development team needs to work on a product fix, then you'll get a temporary fix or workaround to keep you on track until it's ready.
Here’s what you have learned today:
- Building your mailing list is a top priority
- You need a plugin to build the best opt-in forms
- Thrive Leads lets you build the best converting opt-in forms
Please share your experiences in the comments below:
- Are you building your email list?
- Which list building tool are you using?
- Are you going to try Thrive Leads?